[iBook] OT - "Hurricane Jim" on this list?

Shawn Harley nosoliciting at core.com
Tue Sep 14 22:22:38 PDT 2004

Slightly off-topic, but pertinent with this new list...

With all the talk of hurricane Ivan (and the bulging Jim McCauly folder
staring at me from my mailbox), I was wondering if "Hurricane Jim" of
July 30, 2004 fame is on this list. I may have missed it, but I never
saw the apology to the list from Jim. How about an apology from him
before letting him on the list? It's the least he could do for all the
trouble he put everyone through on Black Friday! Thanks to Jim, I got
1564 messages from him that day, which also spawned an additional 49
messages over a 2 day period from well intentioned list members trying
to put a stop to "his" maddeningly stupid move. The 49 messages over a
2 day period is not uncommon for a topic on the list, but the 1597
messages on July 30 as a result of Jim was ridiculous! I am on a
dial-up connection, and was more or less blocked from my normal mail
for about 2 hrs as a result of Jim. Thanks Jim! I don't pay per MB, but
I would have sent the bill to Jim if I was.

How about it Jim, how about that apology to the entire list if you're
on here?

It's the least you could do.

P.S.- A big "THANK YOU" again to all who tried to and managed to put a
stop to that nightmare. And please don't reply to the list in response
to this unless you are Jim McCauly, as you will be generating even more
spam from his mistake.

Just my $ .02!

Thanks,
Shawn