[iBook] Freezing and Sleeping problems

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 01:57:02 PDT 2004

I am using a G4 iBook, 1 GHz, 640 meg, 60 GB, and lately my computer
has had several hard freezes requiring a reboot. In addition, the
computer has frozen a couple of times on waking from sleep requiring
a reboot. As if this wasn't trouble enough, the system then can't
find the disk. I have a complete system on my FW 80 GB HD, but when I
boot from it, it sometimes still doesn't see the internal HD. Then
mysteriously it will reappear.

When I use disk utility to check the internal HD, it is SMART verified.

Does anyone know what's happening here?

Eric Richardson