[iBook] Re: What battery life, and HD woes

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Sep 22 12:50:07 PDT 2004

> In brief, the author states that frequent full discharges should be
> avoided and that LiIon batteries have a 2-3 year lifespan from date of
> manufacture regardless of how well treated they are. A full discharge
> to calibrate the Apple battery meter every 30 charges is OK.

Yeah, I've read that, too. I don't usually get to the point of a full
discharge more than once in a blue moon; say, if I leave the computer
in sleep mode over a weekend with a low battery, and the battery drains
*completely.* I usually charge it when it's down around 3-5%, I think.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>