[iBook] What battery life are you getting?

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Thu Sep 23 17:48:43 PDT 2004

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience and thoughts on my
battery problem.  Obviously after 3+ years I have just reached the end
of my battery's life in my iBook 500.  As a matter of fact, it has now
gone from lasting one hour on full charge to only 37 minutes, so the
downhill slope is getting steeper.

Of all the responses, the following intrigued me the most.  It seems
that I don't have to replace my battery with the original part used on
the iBook 500.  I could even get the current G4 iBook battery and it
should work.

Has anyone tried getting the G4 12" Powerbook silver battery and
changing the outer casing to the white casing???  Will it even fit?

Tom