[iBook] iBook Wish List

Mike Wallinga mwallinga at mailup.net
Sun Sep 26 21:06:33 PDT 2004

Just some idle discussion, nothing more:

I have a G4 iBook (933 MHz, 14 inch screen), and I'm very happy with it.
It has all of the power and features I need, and I don't see myself
upgrading anytime soon.  But, there is one feature that Apple could add
that would make me upgrade in an instant: more screen resolution!!!

I previously owned a G3 iBook with a 12 inch screen, and I'm convinced
it looked sharper. While it certainly isn't a bad screen, the 14 inch
LCD doesn't seem as good as the 12 inch one - I think the same number of
pixels packed less tightly makes things look fuzzier. Plus, I'd like the
extra screen space; the current resolution can feel cramped at times.

So, if I could refresh the iBook line, I would keep a resolution of
1024*768 on the 12 inch model, and make the 14 inch screen 1280 * 1024.
Throw in the normal incremental processor, video, and disk upgrades, and
I'd be reaching for my wallet!  :-)

So, after all of my rambling, here's my question for all of you: what
"killer feature" - if any - would make you upgrade your iBook? What do
you want to see Apple do to the iBook that it hasn't done in the past?

- Mike W.