[iBook] Small format CDs: safe for slot loading CD drives?

Jean-Paul Thuot fearsome.orange at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 06:27:04 PDT 2005

The other day I bought my wife a USB microphone dongle for her iBook.
It came with drivers for OS X, but on a very small format CD, slight
larger than business card size but much smaller than a regular sized
one.

I was very leery of inserting it into her slot loading drive, so I
used my G3 CD tray to grab the installer file then transfered it to
her computer.

Can anyone tell me for future reference if it's safe to use these CDs
in the slot loaders?

Thanks,

Jean-Paul