[iBook] Wegener Media...devil or angel?

Michelle Klein-Hass bosslady at msgeek.com
Sun Apr 17 23:02:16 PDT 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 10:37 pm, you wrote:
> I'd suggest, that if you're going to bother upgrading your ibook, you
> may as well max it out.
>
> Why not put in a 60gb HD? can your iBook use 512mb ram? if so, do it!
> (you won't regret it) ;-)

This would be maxed with regard to RAM...256 in the slot is all it will see,
bringing total RAM to 288. (32MB on logic board)

60GB HD would be nice but I wonder about newer HDs and heat buildup. Also, I
understand that the OS needs to be in the first 8GB so a big HD would
basically give me an 8GB system partition and everything else for /home (or
whatever MacOS X calls the user space.) The only possible use for all that
space would be iTunes...wait, that's not a bad idea...^_^

Michelle
--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273