[iBook] Palm Tungsten & iBook difficulty

gooddog at interlync.com gooddog at interlync.com
Thu Apr 21 01:49:39 PDT 2005

Hello;

Anybody on the list a Palm user? I recently got a T5, and have
encountered a bit of trouble with iSync. At least I think it's iSync.
It could be something I'm doing. There's two things that are going on:

A)  Seems any calendar items I enter into the Palm causes anything I
set up in iCal to get all out of whack.

This all started when I wanted to get the Palm to mirror the look of
iCal by having colored bars indicating large projects that took several
weeks to complete. In iCal when you create an event that lasts "all
day" for several days, a bar will appear stretching from the beginning
of that time until the end.  After a while, I noticed I couldn't make
it happen, so I gave up. Then, after creating an event on the Palm,  I
noticed that I could create such a thing from the Palm side, which is
represented by little tiny dots extending from beginning to end of the
event dates.

So, I replicated the events I had originally created in iCal in the
Palm in the new method I discovered.  However, when I went back to
iCal, all of my events on the iCal side were duplicated and out of sync
and generally weird.  The new Palm replicants are now listed daily
rather than in a line.  How can I resolve this?  Is this a known
problem?   Any clues for the clueless?

B)  What about this error below?  I also get the same kind of iSync
error message every time I sync:

Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:17 AM
  Can't synchronize contacts to GoodDog: device is not available
  Conduit Address Book generated exception
NSInternalInconsistencyException: Type of value {
     identifiers = ("B6F9AFF2-B23D-11D9-B427-000D93B3B378");
     labels = ("_$!<Work>!$_");
     primaryIdentifier = "B6F9AFF2-B23D-11D9-B427-000D93B3B378";
     values = (<null>);
} does not match property 'Email' type 257.  Can't commit item
A4F40714-127E-11D9-872A-000D93B3B378:ABPerson.
  Can't synchronize calendars and To Do items to GoodDog: device is not
available

Since this is off-topic, please feel free to contact me privately
rather than take up valuable list space.

Thanks.

Mark