[iBook] Bad power supply?

Malcolm Cornelius malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Sat Apr 23 13:52:27 PDT 2005

> I bought a G4 iBook recently and while charging it the other day the power
> supply became too hot to touch. It was connected to the power cord not
> directly to the outlet, is there any talk of defective power supplies, is
> there any way of testing?

Someone mentioned to me that when they took their failed but relatively new
square G4 adapter in for testing, they were told that they should have
removed the clear plastic covering from it, not doing so could cause it to
overheat and fail.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk