[iBook] New owner of an ibook g4

Jeff Siler jeff.siler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 23:15:47 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I just found this list and wanted to introduce myself.  Today I
purchased from apple.com, a brand new 12" ibook g4.  I was pretty
excited about the new minor upgrades to the ibook line, as that hits
my $1000 price point very well.  I ended up adding the 60 gig built to
order option to give me a little more room for storage.

Ive grew up with macs.  Started with an apple 2, was first online with
a black and white powerbook, started video editing with a apple
performa 638cd, worked at campus computer lab with 100's of g5 macs
and many cinema displays.

I deal with windows every day at work.  (I work on a rugged handheld
that runs Windows Mobile).  I've been itching to get back to apple
computers (I haven't had one of my own since the performa days), so I
am pretty excited to have my ibook.

good to be here!,

Jeff