[iBook] Re: Replacement drive for ibook G4

Steve Jones shjones at hywyn.plus.com
Wed Aug 10 00:31:31 PDT 2005

Hi Richard,
If there is a significant gain in the ibooks performance in having a
7200 over the 5400 that's still something to consider.
I suppose it comes down to whether the increase in hard-drive speed is
negated by the processor load on a 1gig ibook G4, and/or a bottle neck
somewhere in the system (perhaps the 512k cache? when moving large
volumes of data like audio.

I sometimes want to go beyond just sketching ideas with the ibook, and
end up pushing the processor to its limits. There's may be a trade off
acoustically in having a faster but noisier drive, but If it improves
life in other ways, I can get away with close micing on most occasions.

Cheers,
Steve

On 10 Aug 2005, at 01:52, ibook-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com