[iBook] MCE Combo drive upgrade for G3 iBooks?

Roger Harris roger at rogerdharris.com
Sat Aug 13 19:38:01 PDT 2005

Now that is very interesting. I hadn't heard anything about Apple
having upgrades to the iBook 500s. I hope that works. How much are
they charging for these?

XLR8 your Mac has a lot of user info on the Toshibas but nothing on
MCE. There was some mention of master/slave in one report.

I am wrong on what I said on MCE; I even have their page bookmarked.
Obviously the gingko isn't working. The slot looks nice. I now recall
ruling out this much money on a $350 iBook, and I didn't think I
would burn DVDs on anything without Altivc. But new is better than
used and the best new drive I found was $125 and it wasn't a ready
fit with the bezel.

Roger