[iBook] iBook1.2GHz & the beach ball

Joy Freeman pagesbyjoy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:48:31 PDT 2005

Mike Wallinga (mwallinga at mailup.net)wrote:

> Safari is pretty well-documented as a memory hog, and if you've had it
> running for quite a while, it may be using a couple of hundred megabytes
> of RAM by itself!

Well, that explains a lot! Thanks for the link, Mike.

I hope this isn't one of those questions that raises hackles (such as
Mac-vs-PC or Quark-vs-PageMaker-vs-InDesign), but can anyone tell me what
other browsers might be less problematic? Does Firefox has the same memory
problems? Decent compatibility? (I still keep IE5 for the few websites that
won't work on Safari.) Is there a better browser?

I'm on a 600Mhz G3 dual-USB iBook running OS 10.3.9.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy Freeman
~ from manuscript to bound book ~
Editorial, Design, and Production Services
joy at pagesbyjoy.com