[iBook] ibook keyboard

Jack baron58 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 2 13:45:23 PST 2005

Larry Kollar wrote:

> I've used my G3/900 iBook almost every day for about 2-1/2 years, and
> the keys haven't faded yet.
>
> It could be body chemistry reacting with the paint... there's a spot  of
> discoloration on the wrist areas where my hand rests on the case.

I should have been more specific about the equipment.

The problem-child is a '05 G4 1.2 GHz 12" iBook.

Neither my G3 600 MHz 12" iBook, nor my G4 800 MHz 12" iBook had this
problem, nor have they yet exhibited it in use by other family members.
This problem with the disappearing key symbols began within three months
of putting the '05 model into use.

Apple has a bad supplier in the system, somewhere.

Jack