[iBook] Matshita disappeared

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Sat Dec 17 13:45:47 PST 2005

G'day Tony,

First, try reloading your DVD player. This program takes the disk away from
Finder. I think it crashed, and in so doing didn't return it. Simply reloading
and quitting the app may help.

If that doesn't help, try going into a terminal, and typing
>> df
This will give you a list of all your partitions, and will look something like
this:

Filesystem  512-blocks      Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/disk0s3  116948016 101315520 15120496    87%    /

With probably 8 or 9 rows. Try to find your cd/dvd drive. It's probably mounted
on /Volumes/[name of dvd]. What you want is the device name. On the above
device, that is 'disk0s3'.

then type

>>disktool -e [name of cd/dvd device]

and this should eject it.