[iBook] Re: iBook Digest, Vol 16, Issue 8

Michael Max L.Ac michael at maxmedicine.net
Wed Dec 28 08:11:22 PST 2005

> I'm puzzled now. Got the screen (a 17 inch Samsung) and got
> ScreenSelect. But when I use ScreenSelect to go to a resolution bigger
> than 1024 x 768, the desktop only fills part of the screen - I get black
> round the edge of it and therefore no extra real estate. It's as though
> the iBook's allowing me to have the extra pixels, but not filling them
> with desktop, if you see what I mean...
>
> Is this me, or How Things Are?

I suspect you have to go in and fiddle around with the Monitors control
panel. I first had that issue as well on my ViewSonic.

Then I set it up, so the 17" was the main screen, but it would span to the
iBook as well. Then I could change the resolutions on each separately. My
monitor also has controls on the front for changing resolution. But
everything seems to work fine just through software.

So, I would recommend seeing if you monitor has external controls and seeing
if changing those settings work.

I really love having the two screens,

Good luck
Michael