[iBook] Re: Used Software/Piracy?

J Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 10:56:32 PST 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Rebecca Hoffman wrote:

> I was just told by a Genius in a local Apple store that there are
> currently no viruses that target OSX. Of course, that doesn't mean
> someone won't write one next week.

Which that didn't stop the "non Genius" "Sales Associate" (or whatever
the term is these days) at the local Apple Store from querying (after I
delivered her my father-in-law as a fait-compleat iBook purchaser) "Oh!
But you what about viruses?? You must get .Mac so you'll have access to
Virex!!"
Well the ol' man started complaining about his arthritis at that point
so I caved and let her sell it to us so I could get him off his feet,
and rushed him home so he could start using his new toy ...
Patrick Draine