[iBook] problems with iBook after logic-board repair.

Bucky Phillips hover at triad.rr.com
Sat Feb 12 18:21:39 PST 2005

i got my laptop back after having it sent to the fortress of solitude
after having the logic-board replaced(only had the laptop for a month
now). and i've noticed that I can't use my headphone jack any more.
and also. a funky track-pad problem.

	At first start-up every thing was fine. then . after opening a
folder.. the pad couldn't register movement  at any of the sides.  the
center was fine. but if you touched at the side and dragged in.. it
didn't even know you were touching it. reboot fixed the mouse but also
stopped my headphone jack from working(sound works fine.. as does the
microphone).

	Is it possible that these problems have anything to do with the new
logic board? and also. are there any fixes to this type of thing short
of sending it back to the fortress of solitude ? (I use the laptop
almost constantly.. since I'm  either on campus or at the nearby barnes
and noble.) .

	 The laptop is also not covered under warranty since it's a 600MHz
ibook. so sending it back is not very high on my list of things i'd
like to do. this is also my ONLY apple product short of the 575 in my
closet. so i don't want to be messing around under the hood with my
soldering iron unless i have a nice set of instructions.

Nick