[iBook] Re: Finally a portable bluetooth mouse solution

Glenn R. Fong fongg at t-bird.edu
Fri Feb 4 07:10:46 PST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Shawn Harley wrote:

> MacAlly makes a Bluetooth mouse (2 button with scroll wheel, portable,
> optical), the BT Mouse Jr. (model BTMINI)

You got me curious, checked out MacAlly, and found this "coming soon": the
BT Micro.  Full specs aren't posted, but it has one feature that would be an
absolute must for me to go mouse wireless: a charging cradle.  I work long
hours, don't want to mess with replacing batteries, and worse -- don't want
to deal with degrading performance as batteries draw down.  Is it time to
replace the batteries yet or not?  Forget it -- plop it in the cradle.

I use my PowerBook as a desktop with external monitor and keyboard -- hence
the heavy usage.  But when I go mobile/travel, I would leave the cradle
behind, or take it with and use it for overnight charging.