[iBook] Ibook as Lecture Recorder?

Jean-Paul Thuot fearsome.orange at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 04:30:55 PST 2005

I just bought a Griffin iTalk for my iPod.  I really like it, as it
has a jack for an external mic thus extending the range.  The sound
quality is good, not great, but I have heard that it is able to pick
up a lecture if a) you're close to the lecturer or b) the lecturer is
mic'ed.

I take private language lessons, and it works fantastically for that.
I have an Aiwa external mic that I plug into it, as using the mic on
the iTalk itself sometimes picks up the sound of the HD winding up
during recording.

Jean-Paul