[iBook] Wireless Won't Stay Active

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at mac.com
Sun Jan 2 14:00:00 PST 2005

I had problems like that for quite a while. In my case I also had
another computer on the network and they connected to each other fine.
So I knew it wasn't the wireless card. When the internet connection
would drop I would have to restart the router and the cable modem and
then reset the DCHP. That always re-established the connection.
Sometimes just reseting the DCHP would be enough. Comcast said the
problem wasn't at their end but after buying a new router the problem
persisted. I finally got stubborn with Comcast support and hung on
until they moved me up the support chain a couple of levels. They did
something at their end and the problem went away starting that night.
It's been a year or more with no problems.
	Mike