[iBook] How to check battery charging of clamshell iBook?

Wade Dunham dwdunham1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 14:53:26 PST 2005

I recently bought a clamshell iBook. When I received it, the battery
was completely dead, and won't take a charge. I bought another battery,
supposedly new, and got the same result. The laptop runs fine off the
AC adapter. I'm wondering if the battery is not being charged by the
laptop.

I installed the Apple Battery Reset utility. Sometimes the battery icon
will show a lightning bolt to show it's charging, but a few minutes
later, I have a red "X" through the icon.

Is there a way to check if the battery is receiving a charge (maybe
checking continuity between battery terminals on the iBook?).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wade