[iBook] help networking printer

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Sat Jan 15 07:00:06 PST 2005

On my network, I have a Lexmark color printer shared via a Windows box, and
a Brother laser printer connected to an old HP JetDirect Ethernet print
server.

I use, on my iBook and TiBook, OS X 10.3 (highly recommended, printing and
networking are much improved, IMO).

I can print to the Brother via the queue set up on the Windows box, or
directly to the IP address of the JetDirect. And for the Lexmark, I just
print via the Windows box queue.

Works well for me.

Does the S900 have an IP address? You may be able to print directly to it
via IP. (I was finally successful with printing to my Brother via IP only
after upgrading to 10.3).