[iBook] what do you do at night?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Jul 3 03:24:52 PDT 2005

On 3/7/05 09:12, "Neil Hughes" <neil.hughes1 at tesco.net> wrote:

> 15 seconds! You're kidding right? OK, I'm still on a G3 iBook, but it's
> not exactly a slouch at 800Mhz, and I'm sure it takes over a minute to
> get to the Finder appearing (10.3.9). I'll time it when I next reboot.
>
> What model are you using?

Was probably more of a generalization...

Actually if he is using Tiger then the boot time is quicker then Panther but
some of this is due to the fact that the OS doesn't load all the kernel
extensions at startup anymore but rather as and when they are needed (as I
understand it).

That could have a significant effect on the time until login window appears.

Cheers,

Richard