[iBook] Loose screenwire?

J Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 18:22:49 PDT 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Joy Freeman wrote:

> Does anyone else on this list have a different experience--an
> erased hard
> drive when the logic board was being replaced?

Yes, that's what happened with my 900 MHz iBook last year.

> We've got an iBook to send in with classic symptoms, but haven't
> yet found
> the time (and drive space) to back up all the stuff on there. The most
> important stuff is backed up and I'm inclined to send it in and
> hope for the
> best. Is this foolish?

Yes, it is foolish if you want any of the stuff you haven't backed
up. I think they may offer to back up the HD, but for a cost of $50
for the service. Best to spend the $50 toward an external HD and do
it yourself, and back up regularly in the future.
Patrick