[iBook] iBook feels very hot now with Airport usage

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 22 21:42:07 PDT 2005

> No, underneath the entire left half of the machine. The right 'half'
> underside seems like it always has. A bit warm to touch but
> definitely not hot. The left side (underside) is VERY warm, and the
> left wrist rest is warmer than the right, but not "hot"...
>
> Thoughts?
> Michelle

Don't know if this is applicable, but a few months ago my 15" AlBook began
suddenly getting very hot. So hot that I had to turn it into a desktop
because there was no way I could work with it on my lap. Someone recommended
that I check Activity Monitor (I'm in Tiger), I opened it, found a mystery
application that was literally "burning up" a very big chunk of my CPU
usage, I force quit it, and I've never had the overheating problem again. I
don't remember what the app was, but it couldn't have been very important,
as everything worked much better without it.

Brian