[iBook] iBook feels very hot now with Airport usage

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 22 23:29:39 PDT 2005

On Jul 23, 2005, at 12:34 AM, Michelle wrote:

> Since going "wireless" a couple days ago (w/Airport Base Station
> "Graphite") with my iBook G4 14", I have noticed a definite change
> in temperature, on the left half of the machine (on the bottom.)
> Whether on my lap (which isn't often since it's so hot and I am
> wearing shorts) or on the desk... it is noticeably HOTTER than it
> ever was before, even when I had used energy-hog things like
> PhotoShop, iTunes, etc...
>
> Does the Airport card and/or base station usage cause the iBook to
> run or feel this much hotter?

Not the AP card, but the processor works a bit more. The area that's
heating up is where the processor is. However, it shouldn't be too
hot; my iBook is never too hot to stay on my lap.

Kirk
             Author of: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
                      http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France