[iBook] external monitor on iBook

Nancy Lawrence nancyl at email.unc.edu
Mon Jun 20 12:18:23 PDT 2005

Hi.  I finally got my best friend to switch and she wants to buy an
iBook but she wants to be able to occasionally use it on an external
monitor.  She is completely not tech-savvy and when she went to the
local Apple store and told the Apple "Genius" this he didn't listen
and went into great gobs of detail, so much so that I couldn't make
any sense of it when she got back.  So I thought I'd turn to you all
for help.

Can anyone tell me a quick and reliable place to go for which models
can run external monitors with which cables, etc.?  I would really
appreciate it because this information will make or break the deal
for her to buy the iBook.

Thanks in advance,
Nancy