[iBook] NT: Moving from one Mac to another

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Wed Jun 29 07:17:22 PDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 9:08 AM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> Believe me when I say I'm not bragging (OK, maybe I am just a
>> little), but I just got a new desktop computer at work (G5, dual 2
>> GHz) and I'm strategizing how to get MY stuff off of my old cpu
>> and onto the new one. I can do the firewire target trick easily,
>> but I need to know what files (beside the obvious ones residing in
>> my Documents folder) need to be ported over to the new box.
>>

> Newer models come with an application for just this purpose:
> Migration Assistant, in the Applications: Utilities folder. Worked
> great for me.

Thanks, Brian-not-related-to-me-that-we-know-of Pearce. I think I
remember seeing that on some machine, but since it didn't affect me
(at the time), I paid scant attention to it. Upon your
recommendation, I'll give it a whirl. Thanks also to Scott Warren for
responding. I'm about to sign off, log out and plunge in....

Charles Pearce
charlesp at ksu.edu