[iBook] replacing cd rom in a clamshell

Greg McKitrick rainguitar at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 19:44:42 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I recently had the misfortune of dropping my clamshell and it landed right
on the drawer for the cd rom player.  Needless to say the player no longer
works, though the rest of the computer is  fine.    When I contacted a local
apple dealer about a replacement for the player they wanted something in
excess of $300.00 Canadian just for the part.   I found one on Ebay and
bought it for about $65.00.  It hasn't arrived yet but before it does I'd
like to know if there is information available on the web somewhere that
might tell me the proper procedure for installing it.     Anyone know where
I might find such information?  Thanks

Greg McKitrick