[iBook] what are known problems with iceBooks?

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Wed Mar 2 19:19:24 PST 2005

>> Trust me, you don't want one. They're nothing but trouble.
>> After fixing my for the third time- complete logic board- Apple
>> finally gave
>> me a brand new G4 iBook.
>
> Uh...that may be a little strong. There are a lot of people out here
> (like
> me) who've bought G3 iBooks, and never had a lick of trouble.

We have two. My 900MHz 14" (typing on it now) has been the soul of
reliability, although it needs some work through no fault of its own. My
daughter's 12" 700MHz system has been a bit less stellar, needing a
trackpad replacement & keyboard repair (some of the keys came off,
not sure why). A power glitch knocked out her brick, also replaced
under warranty.
--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."