[iBook] Remote access

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Wed Mar 16 02:28:16 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Janice F. Jorgensen wrote:

> I want to set up my ibook to be able to have remote access to my PC.  Where
> do I start?
>
> Janice

On the mac, download & install Chicken of the VNC (or other VNC client).
Search at www.macupdate.com to find it.

On the PC, you need a VNC server. I'm out of the loop with windows, there
might already be one inside windows. Either way, you need to set that up
to listen for incoming VNC connections.

You will need to open up the appropriate ports on both firewalls.

Since everything is so dependant on the software you are using, and what
you mean by 'remote' (across the living room via your LAN? Across the
world via the internet?), I can't really get more specific...

Allan