[iBook] slow start-up problem

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Mar 20 11:52:30 PST 2005

On 20/3/05 5:33 pm, "Rudi Reitberg" <smalley at sexmagnet.com> wrote (in part):

> When I start up my iBook it goes to the login screen and I enter my
> login.  My desktop pic pops-up and then it takes about five to ten
> minutes of the spinning wheel before everything comes up. any
> suggestions on how to speed this up?

I have this problem sometimes if my internet connection is down or not
connected but still have the iDisk sync and time servers requiring the
connection when I start up. (Check QuickTime and Software update as well to
see if they are set to check for updates and change settings if required).

By either checking the connection and ensuring it is connected and working
or by disabling the items that require the internet you might find this
speeds up...

Does that help?

Richard