[iBook] CPU Upgrades?

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Fri May 6 15:28:20 PDT 2005

You'd probably find that it's not worth it.

Typically, the speed of a processor is only one part of the speed of
the system - especially on the Mac, where graphics is offloaded to
the GPU (video card)..

I've heard it said that, everything else staying the same, doubling
the CPU clock speed might add 10% to system performance. You'd
probably gain a much better system by adding RAM. Being Unix-based,
MacOSX *really* benefits from more RAM, and it will use it all!

HTH,
-Gus