[iBook] Ibook G4

vicki victoria.duggan at ntlworld.com
Mon May 16 01:46:41 PDT 2005

Hi all

I think that the hdd on my G4 800 ibook is dieing and I need advice. If the
book is perfectly still it is fine (by that I mean on a table top.) if the
table is knocked the book freezes. If it is moved before the book is asleep
it freezes. If I use itunes after 2 songs the song just jumps like a stuck
record. If I plug anything in and move the mac at all it freezes.

It is new to me (I have only had it for two months) and the person before
that used is as a itunes disk backup. (there was 20gb of songs on it when I
got it), does it sound like a dieing hdd to anyone, I have a new 30gb drive
on the way. I have tried all I know. Complete reinstall zeroed the drive
tried it with the ram removed and just the logic board ram nothing stops the
fact that if it is moved it freezes. also it starts up to a blue screen
sometimes.

TIA for any comments or advice.

vicki