[iBook] 10.4 on iBook 500?

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Mon May 16 14:33:38 PDT 2005

I am running Tiger on my g3 500 iBook. I see a huge improvement in
system start up about 2/3 faster.

All the apps are running fine. It is very snappy. the core OS is a
huge improvement. I was afraid the OS would be too much for the older
architecture but so far no issues.

I did however wipe the hard drive and then re-import all info from an
external backup after installing Tiger

I wanted to make sure that I was getting a clean disk to run on.
Mostly because my 10 gig drive is about 80% full.

Good luck.

Brian