[iBook] 8GB first partition limit for iBook Rev A? (Clamshell)

SW sw at carolina.rr.com
Tue May 17 11:50:49 PDT 2005

On May 17, 2005, at 9:22 AM, Mary wrote:

> At 9:56 PM -0700 5/16/05, Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:
>

>> Does the Clamshell iBook have the notorious 8GB limit that Beige
>> G3s and
>> Wallstreet PowerBooks have?
>>

> Yes, according to this article.

  This is odd... I have a Sept 2000 Clamshell 466 with Firewire. I
have replaced the drive several times, the latest with a 40 G. I have
never partitioned it and never had a problem. Currently running
Tiger on it.

  Or am I misunderstanding?

Steve

"10 percent of computer users are Mac users, but remember, we are the
top 10%"-Douglas Adams