[iBook] 10.3.4

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Tue Nov 1 07:49:53 PST 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Jim Manley wrote:

> Anyone get this error when you launch Safari?
>
> Safari 2.0.2 (v416.12) has not been tested with the plugin (null)
> (null) (v0.6). As a precaution, it has not been loaded. Please
> contact the plugin developer for further information.
> ---

I didn't get that, but I DID get a kernel panic when I restarted my
desktop G5 (dual 1.8) after installing the update. It seemed to crash
when I attempted to alert Apple via the dialogue box that popped up
as a result of the first crash, so I clicked out of that and
immediately ran Disk Utility and repaired permissions. It settled
down after that and seems to be working now (if it weren't, you
wouldn't be reading this). I haven't installed it on my iBook yet.
Caveat Emptor Updater, or, beware of running system updates until
others (like me) have tested the waters. I'll alert the list if I
have problems.

Charles Pearce (charlesp at ksu.edu)