[iBook] Optical mousing

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Fri Nov 4 12:16:38 PST 2005

I'm a long-time user of the Logitech Mouseman optical/cordless mouse
with my G4 iBook. I like most everything about it (buttons, layout,
etc.) for most of what I do, but when I'm doing close work on my screen,
as with Photoshop or very small editable text fields, the cursor is a
bit too imprecise for comfortable operation. Short of using a pen/tablet
setup instead, can anyone recommend a good mousepad that optimises the
optical tracking function? It seems my plain, white, formica-like
desktop is a bit too reflective or something for the mouse. I've
experienced an extreme version of this problem when working with my
iBook at a nearby coffeeshop, where all the tables have a shiny,
laquered wood finish - then the cursor jumps around too much to be of
use. I'm guessing some kind of non-reflective dark fabric pad would work
best-?

--

/  dave  /