[iBook] Does my dual usb iBook have an ethernet card installed?

Eileen neeliec2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 15:11:43 PST 2005

I'm sorry to sound so dense, but I'm running out of
ideas to get my little G3 500MHz iBook connected to my
highspeed cable internet service.  I've never used it
with my highspeed service before - only used it with
dialup when I travelled.

I'm using OSX 10.3.9.

This is from my System Profiler:

Built-in Ethernet:
Interface:	en0
Type:	Ethernet
Ethernet Address:	00:03:93:57:76:b4

I've had tech support from Comcast trying to help me.
I've tried numerous other ideas to get connected, but
to no avail.  I get a message that my ethernet is not
plugged in.  Yet I have a brand new ethernet cable and
I know the cable modem is working.

Does the information in my profile indicate that I do
have a built-in ethernet CARD?  Or is that just the
ethernet port?

Thanks for any help with this!

Eileen