[iBook] Re: Wireless for G3 ibook

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 06:45:43 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/23/05 10:41:53 AM, mike at beernotes.com writes:

>Does anybody know if this dLink product will plug into my iBook and
>actually work?
>
>http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=241
>
>It's a "wireless bridge" that claims to need no drivers for Mac or
>windoze.
>
>What say you?

As long as the wireless bridge connects to the computer via an Ethernet
connection, and the configuration is done via a web browser, no problem.

I use a funky 4th-party(!) clip-on wifi bridge on my ancient Powerbook 2300c
to make it wireless; all I had to do was set the TCP-IP to match its web
browser configuration address, and switch it back to DHCP when I was done.

Craig W.

Craig W. (on a Kanga wifi'd by Lucent Orinoco)
Atlanta, GA
Power corrupts. Absolute power's a blast. -- John Fund

In the game of chess you can never let your opponent see your pieces. -- Zapp
Brannigan, 25-Star General of the D.O.O.P. (Democratic Order of Planets)