[iBook] does ibook have a task manager? - recovering crashed ibook

Sidar Sahin sidar.sahin at funpac.com
Wed Sep 7 14:16:56 PDT 2005

hello,

im a good pc user, but wants to move to mac (i love them!)

after some playing with my ibook, it is now crashed. (i installed dave, yahoo messenger mp3 player lots of programs). ibook g3 366 384 meg ram mac os 9.2.2

this is happening:

1- after ibook opens, it freezes. i can move mouse, but cant click anywhere. also in the task bar it says: YAHOO MESSENGER. so i think maybe yahoo is the problem, does mac have a   task manager so I can close all programs and see what is the problem? like ctrl alt delete?

2- ok, lets say I cant solve this problem (i cant do anything!) so, i want to format my ibook. but I cant!

i put mac os 9.2 cd on ibook, boot from cd. opening the recover window, but I cant click anywhere!!! still says yahoo, and cant click anywhere. so, how can I recover this ibook?

best to all, and thanks!

sidar