[iBook] Wireless antenna booster

William Carr jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Tue Sep 13 17:17:06 PDT 2005

http://www.quickertek.com/products.html#27xvrPBIN

I just read about this!   It's a clip-on booster antenna for iBooks
and PowerBooks.   No case drilling, apparently.

Powers off the Firewire port or AC adapter.

It's supposed to be able to get you 27dBm or 500 mW, and the brag is
that it could increase your outdoor wireless range to a MILE !

Goodness !

I was thinking.    What if instead of clipping this on your iBook's
lid, you put it at the focal point of a small parabolic dish...   You
might be able to boost that 27dBm a bit.