[iBook] iBook Audio Mystery

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Fri Apr 7 00:00:58 PDT 2006

Try connecting the speakers before you start up the iBook or if that is not
practical (i.e. You only put the Book to sleep) try to ensure that you plug
or unplug the USB or Headphone cable straight in and out...I believe this is
caused by an uneven connection on the pins (or headphone jack) providing
power and signal and therefore changes the balance...not perfect but might
help. You should definitely not experience this issue if you connect and
disconnect the speakers when the 'Book is not on (yet).

There was a software 'fix' a while ago in 10.2 or 10.3 which sorted this for
most people...you may wish to consider using a hub (if you're not yet and
using speakers on USB) as this might also make the iBook less sensitive to
the speaker connections being made on that port (subjective not based on
reports).

HTH,

Richard