[iBook] How to save a movie in rm or wmv format

Laura Bruce labruce at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 11:45:59 PDT 2006

Hi there. I shot a short video on my Pentax Optio, and downloaded it
along with some photos to iPhoto. The program has assigned it a suffix
of AVI.
In this, it plays in Quicktime, everything is fine.
The problem is, I need to save it as either a .rm or .wmv file for
someone else (and only one of these file types -- there are no other
options) but I cannot figure out how to do this.
I imported it to iMovie, but had no way of doing this there, either.
I then dragged the AVI file onto the desktop and changed the suffix to
both of the above, consecutively. Once this was done, the file would
not open. So that didn't work either.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
Laura