[iBook] Apple's ode to hackers

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 07:17:56 PST 2006

Not bad - limericks are poets' answers to unemployment and realists' statements of the absurd.

More seriously, it's my understanding that simply because Apple has switched to Intel processors, it does not make them more susceptible to Windows-type malware such as viruses (and all their incarnations), spyware, hackers, keystroke recorders, adware, etc. Is this not true? After all, a Mac OS is still a Mac OS; the hardware may have changed somewhat, but the software is still the solid, faithful, and superior material we have all grown to intimately know and passionately love. It would seem to me that the current "epidemic" (yeah, right, maybe all of three) of viruses is simply because all the media hype over Apple's switch to Intel has raised awareness levels and activities in those ego-deprived, socially misfit, character-deficient, and probably erectilely dysfunctional persons who would write such malware.

Fred

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html