[iBook] Dvd Coping

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Fri Jan 6 04:06:48 PST 2006

Courtney Emerson wrote:

> How would I use the disk Utility?  I don't want to do
> something wrong and mess up her cd

First, make sure you have enough space on your drive to hold a DVD
image (4.7GB).

Insert the DVD, then quit DVD Player when it starts up.

Start Disk Copy (if using 10.2.x) or Disk Utility (if using 10.4.x).

Create a disk image of the DVD using:
	Disk Copy: File -> New -> Image from Device
	Disk Utility: File -> New -> Disk Image from (Select a Device)

Select the DVD drive and start the copy. It takes a while.

When the copy is finished, eject the original "master" DVD.

Press Cmd-B (with either Disk Copy or Disk Utility) to "Burn" a new
copy.

Select the image you just created in the dialog that pops up.

Insert a blank DVD when prompted and start the burn.
Again, it takes a while.

Eject the new copy & put it in your TV's DVD player to make sure
it worked right.

You're done!

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."