[iBook] Question about Apple Mail

danielists at mac.com danielists at mac.com
Wed Jan 11 03:49:57 PST 2006

Eric,

You can try forwarding your mail within Apple Mail. Simply create a
rule that says that any message sent to your .mac address should go
into a specified folder you've created on your Mac. once you set up
the rule, it will start applying every time you check your mail. I do
this for lists with an alias from .mac so that they don't clutter my
inbox. I have a specifed "Lists" folder which lets me know when I
have new mail (the numbers next to the folder name) and thus I can
browse them when I want to, without using any space in .mac.

Hope this helps.

Dan.

On Jan 10, 2006, at 9:31 PM, May Hall wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2006, at 10:01 PM, Eric Richardson wrote:
>

>> My problem is that my .Mac account now keeps the emails from the
>> past, and fills up now and then until it empties things that I
>> have junked or deleted on my computer. Mail picks up mail fine
>> from other accounts and doesn't leave it on the server. I can find
>> the preference to make sure that email is deleted from the server
>> from my other accounts, but not my .Mac account. Anyone know how
>> to get mail transferred to my computer deleted from the .Mac
>> account automatically?
>>

> Go to Mail Preferences/Accounts and select your .Mac account. You
> can edit your preferences for that account, there.
>
> May

That's right, but, it doesn't allow the option to automatically
delete messages retrieved to my computer from the .Mac account. Any
idea how to do that?

Eric