[iBook] power supply

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Mon Jan 16 20:36:31 PST 2006

Mark Bennett on 1/2/06 1:45 PM wrote:

> Has anyone personally repaired the powersupply on an ibook - swapped it
> out and fitted a new one?
>
> After the pain in the as with the HD upgrade I'm sort of hesisitant.

You're referring to the DC-in board. If you have an iBook G3, it's
definitely harder than the HD replacement. A real pain. If you're replacing
the DC-in board on an iBook G4, the procedure is actually easier than
replacing the hard drive as you only have to pull the bottom off.

PB Fixit has a great set of do-it-yourself guides online. Review these and
you'll get an idea of what it's going to take to do the job.
<http://www.pbfixit.com/Guide/>

I've done both...give me the G4 any day.

-Mark