[iBook] IBook Freezes, Takes Many Re-Boots To Come Up

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Tue Jan 24 20:05:16 PST 2006

Thanks for the response, Larry. I ran the hard disk CD again and it showed the memory to be OK. I had the extra 512 mb slab added when I bought the machine, so I'm reluctant to take it out myself at this time... this said by someone who used to add RAM chips by the dozens, PCI cards, and faster processors to IIvx's and 7300s. I want to watch it some more so I can get a better grasp on what might be triggering the freezes; I had it happen twice today and both times I was using Eudora. I still tend to accuse Tiger - I upgraded to 10.4.4 a week or two ago and the problem started with serious intent. Overall, I've had a lot of problems with Tiger and am almost anxious to burn another $129.95 for whatever cat comes next (Leopard? Puma? Cheetah? [I'd like this for an OS for my G5 iBook when/if it ever happens.],  Lynx? Ocelet?).

Fred